Haven't posted in my blog for quite awhile. Just lacked motivation I guess. Since my last post I've gotten two new jobs, visited Matt in California and officially moved back to my parent's house. The jobs are both enjoyable--one working with a special needs boy and the other in a library. I love the library job cause I get to play with books and also get free stuff from the deletions. Last week came home with 10 books and tonight came home with 15 Cd's!
Been trying to trust God with my life and future. I know He'll guide me and Matt with our relationship and growing closer to God and each other. Also I have learned several things over the last couple months that I hope I can keep close to my heart.
* Love is a wonderful thing. This is especially manifested in my boyfriend. Never thought God would bless me with such a loving man. He is very sweet, strong, handsome, caring and many other things. I call him my "Jesus with skin on" for good reason. I have a constant reminder of God's love. Matt's love is a special kind but it is not perfect. Matt has let me down before and I'm sure he will again. His love is just a faint reflection of God's perfected love for me. That blows me away every time I ponder it.
* God will provide for my needs. Just when I thought I would run out of money--God sent it. In several forms. Yet more reminders that I will never want when I trust God.
* Worry isn't worth it. This is one of my biggest faults. I worry about the present and especially the future. I am trying to give up the idol of control in my life. It can be a big struggle sometimes but I sleep better at night when I give things over to God.
* I can only work on my own issues. This goes along somewhat with the previous lesson. Sometimes I worry too much about other people. I have a lot of friends struggling with various things which makes my heart ache sometimes. I wonder the outcome of their choices and start getting myself worked up. I'm trying to just stop and lift them up in prayer instead. I know that I'm not God so I really can't affect what other people do. I can give advice when asked or just emotional support.
* Convictions seem to be lacking. I know I sometimes struggle with my own. And it makes me sad to see the lack of conviction among some of my friends. I feel like they don't stand up for the truth or what God wants. Guess the best I can do is stand on my own convictions and shine a light in this dark world.
I'll try and blog more often. Not making any promises though cause it'll depend on my mood and if I have anything worth talking about.
Please comment if you read this---trying to see who (if anyone) still reads my blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment