Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A blessed future

Haven't been blogging lately. Mostly cause I fell like no one reads it. Also been a little busy. Especially the last two weeks. Just trying to recover from my blessed week and process the things I have learned and decided.
On the 10th I got to surprise my bf at the airport. Since he's military we got to go right to the gate. The look of joy on face was priceless. The rest of the week was spent doing all sorts of fun things. Some of my favorite times were just sitting together and either talking or maybe just enjoying the company of each other. We got to do that almost every day. Driving around holding hands also lead to some good discussions. He got to meet some of my friends, I met some of his and he met my aunt too.
This was a better time than March for many reasons. We are both more comfortable with each other. The e-mails and phone calls have drawn us closer. Both of us have confessed our old burdens and demons to each other. I know that has helped me a lot with the healing process. Matt is closer to getting out of the Navy. That meant talking about the future wasn't as awkward or frustrating. I was more open to him spoiling me too. I know that's a way he likes to show his love. Like when he gave me a dozen roses just because.
I have no idea what the future holds. I know that Matt needs to finish the Navy and then adjust to civilian life. When he's ready I'll be getting proposed to. Matt has some big dreams and I'm excited that I will be a part of those. They are something I probably would have never thought of on my own. But God has been stirring my heart to desire what Matt longs for. My goal has always been to be a good wife and mother. And I am learning this entails being fully supportive of my future husband and his aspirations. There is a stirring in my heart that Matt and I will be given some sort of big mission to reach others--especially young people. This is exciting and a little bit scary. But I know that God holds our future and will reveal His perfect will in His timing.
So if anyone reads this please keep us in your prayers. That I can find a job, Matt does well in the Navy and God's will is revealed to us.

2 comments:

  1. I am praying for you both. :) And girl- people do read your blog. Don't worry! Sorry I'm sort of behind, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog... ahem... when there is something new to read. :)

    ReplyDelete