Sunday, January 1, 2012

Refinement

Here I sit with the first day of 2012 almost over. I have been reflecting on the past year. Lots happened and I learned a ton. God took my broken self in November of 2010 and refined me into a better person in 2011. I have been taught to trust Him even more in all things and reminded that His timing is perfect. It's crazy to look back where I was a year ago and how I am in a much different place. Outwardly there may be little change but my inner self has been refined.

*Jan--I started soul searching for my future. Stepped out with "20 seconds of courage" which led to a great friendship. 

*Feb--Quit my one job even as I worried if the other one would fully provide for me. God sent an unexpected blessing that put me in tears.

*March--This month just blew me away. Friendship was forever changed with one e-mail. The guy I'd really only been talking to for about 2 1/2 months told me he loved me and wanted to marry me. Then a week later he surprised me by flying 2000 miles so we could go on our first date. That next week we had 5 wonderful days together. My heart was full to bursting and I just kept getting blown away by how wonderful he is.

*April-May--Did more searching and lost my job. That was a blessing in disguise which left my summer open. I also decided to work on moving back in with my family. Also went to a wedding of one of my closest friends.

*June--went on vacation with my family and saw my cousins. Also got to Skype with my bf while he was in Peru and I was in North Dakota.

*July--10 wonderful days of bliss. Surprised my bf at the airport when he came in--that was priceless! Spent lots of time with him and our hearts grew much closer.

*August--did some job hunting and finally found one. It pays well and I enjoy it.

*September--Worked and did job hunting. Also was blessed by my bf with a trip out to visit him. Learned even more about my bf's character and how we deal with conflict and issues of the past.

*October-Nov--Started my second job. Days were mostly filled with work. Also celebrated my 27th birthday by seeing The Muppets.

*December--More work and the holidays.

2011 was a crazy busy year. God blessed me way beyond my wildest dreams. I still have to sit back in awe of the blessings I have been given. I want to be open to what 2012 can bring.

Back in 2010 I heard of a site called "My One Word" the concept is instead of coming up with resolutions you pick one word for your year. Usually it is a character trait you want to improve on. I didn't come up with one last year. Though I think "Change" or "Love" would have fit. But I have been reflecting and decided to come up with one for this year.

Yesterday I wrote a status on facebook that confused some people. Guess I shouldn't use librarian words. But I think I found my word for the year. "Ameliorate" which means 'to make or become better; improve'. I plan on focusing on 2-3 areas for that.

1. My walk with God. Find a church, join a Bible study, memorize some Scripture and try and do devotions everyday.

2. My health. I want to find an exercise routine to stick with. My goal is to lose a few pounds in the next couple months. I also want to try and eat healthy.

3. Friendships. I want to keep cultivating good friendships. 2011 helped teach me who my close friends are and continue to be. This would also include continuing to deepen the friendship I have with my bf. I have learned that friendship is the best foundation (after God) and I want to make sure we continue to become best friends even as our romance deepens.

I also might blog more. Wish I knew if anyone reads this thing....

1 comment: